Ten Bests of the Day

This blog is inspired by a history of journaling, a tradition of lists, and a conversation with a dear friend.
"May you live every day of your life." - Jonathan Swift

Saturday, December 02, 2006

friday, 1 dec 2006

  1. The Beetle suddenly finding ground and trudging forward through the 10 inches of newly fallen snow to take me to work.
  2. The blizzard being the top story in the news – big snow days (especially the first ones of the year) bring out the child in everyone it seems.
  3. The bosses buying the entire company lunch due to the weather.
  4. Our H.O.G. Appreciation Party, the annual work event where we throw a party for those we work closely with at Harley-Davidson to show our appreciation to them as clients. My bosses pull out all the stops and it's always a grand event, with last night being no exception. This year was based on the Rat Pack theme which provided me with a great opportunity … dressing up and wearing my long black velvet gloves! And it was a treat seeing my bosses in tux coats – they looked great.
  5. Resurrecting a skirt I had purchased 16 years ago (which was tucked away in a box in the basement) and getting many compliments on it.
  6. Talking and laughing with Andrea Z. If ever I need a heart to heart I know where to go. She'd accept me completely for who I am.
  7. The wonderful Sinatra tribute band. The songs made moving to the music while having a conversation or putting chocolate cake on a plate a natural thing to do.
  8. A kiss on the hand reminding me of the kiss Grandpa Ray blessed me with in October (I'm praying for you Grandpa.).
  9. Driving through downtown on my way home from the party. The city was alive with activity at 11 PM, Christmas lights all around, fresh snow … I've been tucked away in my house too long and being out seeing the vibrance of the city was refreshing.
  10. After falling asleep on the couch, hearing Mark say "Come on family, time for bed." I followed willingly, the beagle however preferred to spend the night in his beloved donut bed in the living room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home